Uncommon Handbound Books by Cindy Leaders


More from Art Journaling Class . . .

Friday, June 25, 2010

The assignment for this lessonwas to create a word in an artful way. I also incorporated a lesson on making creative borders.


The so-called "scary" parts are in the middle, but they're hemmed in by the cool, clear truth on either side. This is a bit more "cartoon-y" than I would normally like, but it gets the point across. I had a blast with this assignment!

Laure turned us loose on this one. In previous lessons, she created the painting for us on video as an example to follow. We were on our own this time! It was definitely challenging but I'm fairly pleased with the results, considering I'm new to watercolors.

1 comments:

Emerson Bindery August 11, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

I just love to see how you've progressed! You did an awesome job with your first attempt!

Post a Comment