Uncommon Handbound Books by Cindy Leaders


Artful Journaling Class

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I've left Ms. Trout for a time to take my very first online class: Laure Ferlita's Artful Journaling Foundations. It's quite challenging for me as not only am I learning more about how to draw, I am dabbling for the first time in the magical art of watercolor. I generally work in acrylics, and watercolor is COMPLETELY backwards from acrylics. I am having to learn how to think and see all over again. It's definitely stretching me!

Anyway, I figured I'd share a couple of my early efforts so far.

I'm not going to win any competitions, but learning something new is ALWAYS good, right? I've got new synapses firing all over the place!

9 comments:

jackie June 17, 2010 at 1:53 AM  

I am very impressed! You are very talented! I love your bright colors and how cool is that curved printing on the fortune!

teri June 17, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

Thanks for sharing your work. It's lovely!

Elena June 17, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

Wow!!! I think your work is awesome! I am taking this class also but have not even started the videos! If I can do 1/3 as well as you are doing I will be thrilled!!!

Linda Jo June 17, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

Stretching is good. And apparently you stretch really well! Love these!

Unknown June 18, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

Cindy, You are just too darned clever AND talented! And I don't just mean your water colors here (I would never guess that you didn't normally paint with them-- they look WONDERFUL!)

LOVED my surprise bound treasure in the mail today!!!! I can't get enough of your "scrap paper" journals!!! I would happily send you lots of pocket cards for free! Hope you sell lots of these cool little notebooks.

oooxxxNathalie

PrairiePeasant June 18, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Watercolours would be way out of my comfort zone. Good for you for challenging yourself, and so successfully!

Laure Ferlita June 22, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

For someone who is struggling, it doesn't show and you're doing a great job too!

Claire M June 24, 2010 at 8:42 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. It was a good excuse for me to wander over here and explore your wonderful blog. I am thrilled to see your cheerful pages from Laure's class. I'm enjoying it too -- but I'm a bit sidelined at the moment with my mother's health issues. I can't wait to get back to my assignments!!

Love your pages!!

Angie in AZ June 26, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

Wow, if you are new to watercolors, I'd like to see what you are doing in a few months! Holy Cow! And the fortune cookie holds one of my most favorite, treasured verses! :)

Post a Comment