Visit my new home on the web, FreeRangeBookbinding.com, to see what's new. All the information on this page is still accurate and links to the proper items on Etsy.
I currently offer three unique custom travel journal options. Each will be carefully constructed by hand and covered with the map of your choice.
Common features of all include:
- Window in front cover to allow your choice of photographs, art or printed text to become your cover design
- Covers cut from new book board covered with your choice of vintage map, printed with fade- and water-resistant archival ink on heavy paper
- Varying numbers of pockets and envelopes made from a variety of manila envelopes, from 9x12 to coin size.
- Varying number of tabs made from index cards or file folders for gluing in post cards, photos, etc.
- Closures made from vintage African trade beads and waxed Irish linen thread.
Here is a side-by-side comparison of each to help you decide which one is right for you:
VERSATILE TRAVEL JOURNAL: $45
My most popular design, this book has a little something for everyone. A compact accordion design measuring 4-1/2 x 6-1/2", it's got room for some journaling, a few photos and inclusions.
- 48 pages (96 front and back) in two pamphlet sections
- Accordion structure opens from either side for working in or all the way out for display
- Two pockets and four envelopes from a variety of manila envelopes
- Six tabs for gluing in post cards, photos, etc. (pictured crafted from manilla folders but now made from 4 x 6 index cards)
- 10 blank accordion pages provide space for 4 x 6 photos.
Perfect for those who want a small memento of a special trip or one who may be intimidated by filling a larger journal.
Click for details in the Etsy listing: Versatile Travel Journal
- 40 pages (80 front and back) of heavy art paper, hand torn for a soft deckled edge
- Pages will exactly hold a 4 x 6 photo, so some cropping may be needed if you want to include captions
- Spine made from Pendaflex file folder that expands to 3"
- Four each pockets and envelopes from a variety of manilla envelopes
- Twelve tabs made from index cards
-One who likes to glue things in as they journal, as the heavy paper will take lots of glue and additions and the spine will expand to accommodate it. No more journals bursting at the seams and splaying open!
-Of course the 40 blank pages are great for writing too!