Uncommon Handbound Books by Cindy Leaders


Lessons from Walkies

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I developed a wonderful habit of walking a few years ago, and learned to really enjoy it. Missing a morning made me sad. But then we went on a 3-1/2 week vacation, and I completely lost the habit and have never picked it back up. I went yesterday for the first time in ages and had such a nice time! My weimaraner, Griffin, got to go along this time, but I don't think he enjoyed it much. My two short little legs just don't set a pace his four legs can adjust to. I got some excellent insight into myself from watching him though and enjoyed journaling about it when we got home.

4 comments:

Purrplekatt April 22, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

This is awesome! Love the snout. :)

Emerson Bindery April 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

The doggie muzzle adds a nice touch! My dog would rather go on a "run" than a walk, so I have a hard time finding a good pace too!

Cindy Leaders April 24, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Thanks, guys! I thought I was doing him a favor to leave him the next day but I heard him howling mournfully after I got too far down the road to take him. Another lesson there, I'm sure!

Julie Jordan Scott April 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

I love the "take a new grip on your leash" slice through the middle of the page...

Post a Comment