Uncommon Handbound Books by Cindy Leaders


Small Success on Etsy

Thursday, November 22, 2007

I'm so encouraged by the success I've had on Etsy my first month. I fully expected to join the ranks of the many talented people who have to wait months for their first sale. But God has really blessed my efforts! I've sold all but three of the thirteen books I listed! A tremendous boon occurred last week when this little journal was actually selected to take a turn on the Etsy front page. I had no idea why I made four sales in two hours (nothing for some but HUGE for me!), until one of the buyers told me later what had happened. I feel so honored! So now it's nose to the paper cutter to make some more books pronto!

4 comments:

Nathalie Thompson November 23, 2007 at 8:32 PM  

Your books look SOwonderful, it's not wonder you have sold so many! I am tempted to buy one of your creations myself, only I have a lot of blank books adn would only be indulging myself. Maybe with some Christmas money later....

Nathalie Thompson December 24, 2007 at 11:15 AM  

Merry Christmas! Keep making those books- I PLAN to buy one with Christmas money! May I request coffee or tea stained pages? Snowy hugs from Missouri. :)

Patti January 3, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

Oh my your books look so good. Congratulations on your sales.

I am new to the collaging world so I don't know about altered books. Do you alter the cover or do you alter all the pages and do you just make blank pages or do you add to the exsisting or do you add your own art work to them. I am so green ...if you have time can you explain and can I please add your link to my blog?
Thanks so much
Patti

Nathalie Thompson February 14, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

Girlfriend, I am DYiNG for a new post from you- and for some new books to buy from your etsy shop.

Post a Comment